Meeting - HABR November 13, 2012 (View All)
HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW
November 13, 2012
MEMBERS PRESENT: Wayne Garrison
ABSENT: Thomas Quinn
ALSO PRESENT: Deborah Arbolino, Administrative Aide
Denise Sullivan, Deputy Town Attorney
Ann Marie Ambrose, Official Stenographer
William Walther, Acting Chairperson, called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. Hearings on this meeting’s agenda, which are made a part of this meeting, were held as noted below:
APPLICANTS DECISION HABR #
KOPAC LANE LOT #15 AMENDMENTS TO HABR#12-16
78.13 / 1 / 3.15: r-40 zone NEW HOUSE APPROVED
THE DECISIONS RELATED TO THE ABOVE HEARINGS are inserted herein and made part of these minutes.
There being no further business to come before the Board, on motion duly made, seconded and carried, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 P.M.
DATED: November 13, 2012
HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW DECISION
TO: Marc Comito (Lot #15 Kopac Lane) HABR # 12-16
P.O. Box 300 November 13, 2012
West Nyack, New York 10994
FROM: HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW, TOWN OF ORANGETOWN
HABR# 12-16: Application of Marc Comito for an amendment to HABR Decision #12-15 for changes to a previously approved new single-family residence. The premises will be located at 15 Kopac Lane, in the Town of Orangetown, Hamlet of Palisades, New York, Chapter 12, Section 12-4 (A), Historic Areas Board of Review. Tax Numbers: 78.13 / 1 / 3.15; R-40 zoning district.
Heard by the HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW at a meeting held on Tuesday,
November 13, 2012 at which time the Board made the following determination:
Marc Comito, Contractor, Robert Hoene, Architect, and Dr. Svetlana Korenfeld appeared and testified.
The applicant presented the following:
- Architectural plans dated 05/21/2012 with the latest revision dates of 08/21/2012 & 09/19/2012 signed and sealed by Robert Hoene, Architect (5 pages).
- Plot plan for MWD Star- Lot 15 signed by Jay Greenwell, L.S. dated 09/09/2012.
- HABR Decision #12-15 dated October 9, 2012.
Marc Comito, contractor, stated that at the last meeting the contract purchasers were not present; that when he took the changes back to them, they did not like all of them; that they are back before the Board to ask for a couple of changes; that they would like the front of the house to be all brick and will wrap the brick around the side of the house and have a three foot high wall of brick around the entire house; that they would like to add an additional window in the west right elevation; that they do not want to mix the stone with the brick; and that they would like to have the Board –n-Batten shutters.
Robert Hoene, Architect, stated that the applicant wants to have solid brick in the front of the house to be in keeping with the other houses in the neighborhood; and that they would like a moment to discuss this; that the applicant’s husband could not be present for the meeting and could not be reached.
The Board stated that they were o-k with the additional window; that they were o-k with the change to the shutters and not using the stone but they wanted the applicant to keep the hardiplank on the upper portion of the front of the house because it ties in to the rest of the house and keeps that cottage look.
The applicant agreed to the hardiplank on the upper portion of the house.
No public comment.
Lot #15 Kopac Lane
Page 2 of 3
FINDINGS OF FACT:
The Board, after personal observation of the property, hearing all the testimony and reviewing same, found as fact, that: The application as presented would not adversely affect the Historic District and the surrounding area. The design and materials for the proposed addition [Architectural plans dated 05/21/2012 with the latest revision date of 09/19/2012 signed and sealed by Robert Hoene, Architect (5 pages) and Plot plan for MWD Star- Lot 15 signed by Jay Greenwell, L.S. dated 09/09/2012] are complimentary to the District.
- The exterior front façade shall be brown/earthtone brick (Stone Field Tudor) on the first floor and hardieplank on the second floor and the remaining sides will be Jamed Hardie HardiePlank horizontal siding, Khaki brown with brown trim.
- There shall be three feet of brown/earthtone brick (Stone Field Tudor) at the base of the foundation on all four sides of the house.
- The brick on the front elevation of the house shall round the corners on the sides of the house for two feet.
- The soffit and fascia will be brown vinyl/aluminum.
- The roof shall be Tamko Heritage architectural shingles in Virginia Slate color.
- The entry door shall be Masterpiece doors, Unit F8 Classic French Door Collection.
- The patio doors shall be Pella hinged French doors, brown exterior trim.
- The widows shall be Pella brand, sizes as per plan, brown exterior with (bonded grilles) simulated divided light grilles on all windows.
- The shutters shall be brown Board-n-Batten shutters.
- Brown aluminum seamless gutters and leaders.
- The garage doors will be Clopay Coachman carriage style (brown) with divided light windows.
- The driveway will be macadam with a Belguim block curb.
- The front porch shall be bluestone with bluestone treads and matching brick risers.
- Coach style lanterns shall be on the sides of the front door, rear doors and either over or in between the garage doors.
- The front railings (if necessary) shall be powder coated aluminum (oil-rubbed bronze).
- The chimney shall be brown/earthtone brick (Stone Field Tudor).
THis APPROVAL/decision, and any modifications or conditions set forth herein, IS GRANTED BY THE historical area board of review and is LIMITED TO THE SPECIFIC RELIEF REQUESTED AND SUBJECT TO THE CONDITIONS or modifications, IF ANY, SET FORTH HEREIN.
** PRE-1918 CONSTRUCTION: please be advised: In the Historic Area, all construction requiring a building permit or any exterior changes (including paint color) to buildings constructed prior to 1918, requires approval from the historic areas board of review.
prior approval of the historical area board of review is required prior to any change or modification of the requirements and/or conditions set forth in this decision, including, but not limited to:
Comito Lot 15 Kopac Lane
Page 3 of 3
- roofing SHINGLES (IF CHANGING COLOR)
- decorative siding
- soffits & fascia
- gutters and leaders
- LOCATION OF AIR CONDITIONING UNITS
- WALKWAYS, PATIOS
- POOLS, SPAS AND FENCES
- any change in the above list including color, material and/or manufacturer
if you have any questions, please contact debbie arbolino, clerk to the historic area board of review at (845) 359-8410.
DECISION: In view of the foregoing and the testimony before the Board, the application; [Architectural plans dated 05/21/2012 with the latest revision date of 09/19/2012 signed and sealed by Robert Hoene, Architect (5 pages) and Plot plan for MWD Star- Lot 15 signed by Jay Greenwell, L.S. dated 09/09/2012 ] is APPROVED as MODIFIED.
The foregoing resolution was presented and moved by Larry Bucciarelli seconded Thano Schoppel; and carried as follows: Larry Bucciarelli, aye; Wayne Garrison, aye; and William Walther, aye. Margaret Raso, Scott Wheatley, and Thomas Quinn were absent.
The Administrative Aide to the Board is hereby authorized, directed and empowered to sign this decision and file a certified copy thereof in the office of the Town Clerk.
Dated: November 13, 2012
HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW
TOWN OF ORANGETOWN
Deborah Arbolino, Administrative Aide
APPLICANT TOWN CLERK
TOWN BOARD MEMBERS HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT
HABR MEMBERS TOWN HISTORIAN
SUPERVISOR DEPT. OF ENVIRONMENTAL
TOWN ATTORNEY ENGINEERING
DEPUTY TOWN ATTORNEY HABR, PB, FILE
OBZPAE PB, ZBA, ACABOR CHAIRMAN