Meeting - HABR May 14, 2013 (View All)
HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW
MAY 14, 2013
MEMBERS PRESENT: Scott Wheatley Wayne Garrison Thano Schoppel Margaret Raso William Walther Larry Bucciarelli
ABSENT: Thomas Quinn
ALSO PRESENT: Deborah Arbolino, Denise Sullivan,
Ann Marie Ambrose,
Administrative Clerk Deputy Town Attorney Official Stenographer
Margaret Raso, Chairperson, called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. Hearings on this meeting’s agenda, which are made a part of this meeting, were held as noted below:
APPLICANTS DECISION HABR# NEW ITEM:
78.13 I 1I3.1; R-40 zoning district.
CONTINUED HABR# 13-05
78.13 I 1 I 32; R-40 zoning district
HABR#12-13: Tappan Library requested to change the location of the ramp at the new front entrance. The previously approved location was on the south side of the main entrance. The new location would be on the north side of the entrance A motion to APPROVE the minor change was made by Larry Buciarelli, seconded by Scott Wheatley, and carried unanimously. Thano Schoppe! recused himself
THE DECISIONS RELATED TO THE ABOVE HEARINGS are inserted herein and made part of these minutes.
There being no further business to come before the Board, on motion duly made, seconded and carried, the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 P.M.
DATED: May 14, 2012
DEPUTY TOWN ATTORNEY
BUILDING INSPECTOR (Individual Decisions) TOWN BOARD MEMBERS SUPERVISOR
.fll llMH ~6!1LJSiZ
U013SNYHO se UOi1
APPROVED AS PRESENTED
TO: Marc Comito ( 4 Kopac Lane: lot #2) P.O. Box 300
West Nyack, New York 10994
May 14, 2013
FROM: HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIE\V, TOWN OF ORANGETOWN
HABR# 13- 06: Application of 4 Kopak Lane for review of a new single-family residence. The premises are located on the north side of Kopac Lane, 200 feet west of Route 9W in the Town of Orangetown, Hamlet of Palisades, New York. Chapter 12, Section 12-4(A), Historic Areas Board of Review.
Tax Numbers: 78.13 / 1I3.2; R-40 zoning district.
Heard by the HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW at a meeting held on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at which time the Board made the following determination:
Marc Comito and Robert Hoene, Architect, appeared and testified. The applicant presented the following:
- Architectural plans dated 06/20/2013, not signed or sealed by Robert Hoene, Architect.
- Site plan dated 04119/2013 signed and sealed Jay Greenwell, L.S ..
- Two (2) renderings of the proposed house.
Robert Hoene, Architect, stated that the proposed house would be a two story house; that the front facade would be cultured stone grey cobblefield which would wrap the house in a three foot knee wall and that the rest of the facade would be Hardie Shingle (straight edge) Boothbay Blue; that he trim boards and fascia would be white vinyl/aluminum; that the front door would be a Jen Wen Aurora double door; there will be copper accents on the roof; and all windows shall be Pella brand bonded simulated divided light.
PUBLIC COMMENT: No public comment.
n rr_ ·. ., tn t ..,. tm,,11 .:t’fft””J
Page 2 of 3
FINDINGS OF FACT:
The Board, after personal observation of the property, hearing all the testimony and reviewing same, found as fact, that: The application as presented, would not adversely affect the Historic District and the surrounding area. The design and
materials for the proposed house( Architectural plans dated 06/20/2013, not signed or sealed by Robert Hoene, Architect; Site plan dated 04/19/2013 signed and sealed Jay Greenwell, L.S.) are complimentary to the District.
- The exterior facade shall be Cultured Stone Grey Cobblefield on the front facade with Hardi Shingle (straight edge) Boothbay Blue; remaining sides to Hardie Shingle (straight edge) Boothbay Blue with 3′ Cultured Stone Grey Cobblefield knee wall.
- The trim boards, soffit and fascia to be vinyl/alumnum (white).
- There will be aluminum gutters at the corners of the building matching the color of the siding (Boothbay Blue) or the stone (at front); and leaders shall be white aluminum.
- The roof shall be Tamko heritage Rustic black color, architectural style shingles.
- The entry (front) porch shall have a bluestone floor with bluestone treads and matching stone risers .
- The windows shall be Pella Brand, sizes as per plan, White exterior with bonded
simulated divided light included on all windows.
- The Shutters to be recessed flat panel style (black).
- The exterior doors: (a) entry-Jeld Wen Aurora A5512 SDL double door stained mahogany, (b) Study-Jeld Wen Aurora A5512 SDL single door; (c) Breakfast Area-Pella sliding patio doors, white exterior cladding; (d) Family room-Pella inswing patio door, white exterior cladding.
- The garage doors shall be Clopay or CHI carriage style (white) with divided light
- The driveway shall be Macadam (blacktop) with Belgium block curbs.
- Coach style lanterns shall be installed above the front door and over the garage doors; and by the sliding door and side door. …
- Front railing, if necessary, will be powder-coate~ aluminum (black). ~
- Copper roofing accents at the front and over the side porch. ~ z
- The air conditioning unit, located by the northwest comer near the garage, stl ~ ~
be screened. F N . 0
- A Timber’Tek redwood deck approximately 20′ x 16′ will be at the rear oft~ .Jt ;!
dwelling with 1 to 2 steps to grade. : i’- ~
- The chimney shall be wrapped in Cultured Stone Grey Cobblefield. ~ Mll P!I
- The columns near the front entry are square. ::!t ~ ,, S
THi;·1;;;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:~~e:~~r:~1:1eF~d~~~;;:o;~· CONDITm~-·· ~ SET FORTH HEREIN, IS GRANTEDBY THE HISTORICAL AREA BOARD OF REVIEW AND IS LIMITED TO THE SPECIFIC RELIEF REQUESTED.AND SUBJECT TO THE CONDITIONSOR MODIFICATIONS,IF ANY, SET FORTH HEREIN.
** PRE-1918 CONSTRUCTION: PLEASE BE ADVISED: IN THE HISTORIC AREA, ALL CONSTRUCTION REQUIRING A BUILDING PERMIT OR ANY EXTERIOR CHANGES (INCLUDING PAINT COLOR) TO BUILDINGS CONSTRUCTED PRIOR TO 1918, REQUIRES APPROVAL FROM THE HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW.
PRIOR APPROVAL OF THE HISTORICAL AREA BOARD OF REVIEW IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO ANY CHANGE OR MODIFICATION OF THE REQUIREMENTS AND/OR CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS DECISION, INCLUDING,BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Page 3 of 3
- ROOFING SHINGLES (IF CHANGING COLOR)
- DECORATIVE SlDING
- SOFFITS & FASCIA
- GUTTERS AND LEADERS
- LOCATION OF AIR CONDITIONING UNITS
- WALKWAYS, PATIOS
- POOLS, SPAS AND FENCES
- ANY CHANGE IN THE ABOVE LIST INCLUDING COLOR, MATERIAL AND/OR MANUFACTURER
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT DEBBIE ARBOLINO, CLERK TO THE HISTORIC AREA BOARD OF REVIEW AT (845) 359-8410.
DECISION: In view of the foregoing and the testimony before the Board, the application; the proposed house (Architectural plans dated 06/20/2013, not signed or sealed by Robert Hoene, Architect; Site plan dated 04/19/2013 signed and sealed Jay Greenwell, L.S.) is APPROVED.
The foregoing resolution was presented and moved by Larry Bucciarelli, seconded by Thano Schoppel; and carried as follows: Margaret Raso, aye; Larry Bucciarelli, aye; Wayne Garrison, aye; William Walther, aye; Scott Wheatley, aye; and Thano Schoppel, aye. Thomas Quinn was absent.
The Administrative Aide to the Board is hereby authorized, directed and empowered to sign this decision and file a certified copy thereof in the office of the Town Clerk.
HISTORuIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW
Dated: May 14, 2013
Deborah Arbo lino, Administrative Aide
TOWN BOARD MEMBERS HABR MEMBERS SUPERVISOR
DEPUTY TOWN ATTORNEY OBZPAE
BUILDING INSPECTOR- B.vW_
ENGrNEERING HABR, PB, FILE
PB, Zl3A, ACABOR CHAIRMAN
- 11m n6-ildmt
Dl113~H.YHO :!O Utll