Meeting - ACABOR June 5, 2014 (View All)
|06/05/2014||ACABOR June 5, 2014||Architecture & Community Appearance Board of Review||Minutes|
|Scheduled:||06/05/2014 7:30 PM|
|Group(s):||Architecture & Community Appearance Board of Review|
TOWN OF ORANGETOWN ARCHITECTURE AND COMMUNITY APPEARANCE BOARD OF REVIEW – MEETING OF JUNE 5, 2014
MEMBERS PRESENT: Jack Messina, Chairman; Jill Fieldstein; Deborah Stuhlweissenburg; Stephen Swenney and Andrew Andrews
MEMBERS ABSENT: James Dodge and Blyth Yost
ALSO PRESENT: Richard Pakola, Deputy Town Attorney; Ann Marie Ambrose, Stenographer and Cheryl Coopersmith, Chief Clerk
Jack Messina, Chairman, called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Mr. Messina read the agenda. Hearings as listed on this meeting’s agenda which are made a part of these minutes were held as noted below.
Continued from the September 6, 2013 Meeting:
Royal Caribbean Artificial Palm Tree Plan ACABOR #13 – 46
Review of Palm Tree Plan Postponed
Route 303 Overlay Zone to June 19th
74.19 I 1I2; LI zoning district Meeting
Review of Site/Structure Plans
Route 303 Overlay Zone
70.10 I 3 I 18; CC zoning district
ACABOR #14 – 15
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Jack Messina and seconded by Jill Fieldstein and agreed by all in attendance. The Decisions on the above hearings, which Decisions are made by the Board before the conclusion of the meeting, are mailed to the applicant. The verbatim minutes are not transcribed, but are available. As there was no further business before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m. The next ACABOR Meeting is scheduled for June 19, 2014.
Dated: June 5, 2014
Chief Clerk Boards and Commissions
38\.:l:!O S\\~\318 Nt-1101
£0 1! LlB ct Nnr hlU2
NM 013 o r,\ \.’cl 0 3 0 N f.:\ 0 l
Joseph Caruso, Maser Consulting, 777 Chestnut Ridge Road, Chestnut Ridge, New York 10977
Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review
RE: Parseghian Plans: The application of Joseph Caruso, Maser Consulting, for Parseghian Four, owner, (Eric Gordon, attorney for the owner) for Site/Structure Plan review, at a site to be known as “Parseghian Plans”, in accordance with Article 16 of the Town Law of the State of New York and
Chapter 2 of the Code of the Town of Orangetown. The site is located at 594
Route 303, in the Route 303 Overlay Zone, Blauvelt, Town of Orangetown, Rockland County, New York, and as shown on the Orangetown Tax Map as Section 70.10, Block 3, Lot 18 in the CC and Route 303 Overlay Zone zoning districts.
Heard by the Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review of the Town of Orangetown at a meeting held Thursday, June 5, 2014, at which time the Board made the following determinations:
Joseph Caruso, Masis Parseghian and Barbara Hess appeared and testified. The Board received the following items:
- Site Plan prepared by Maser Consulting, dated March 20, 2012:
– Sheet 1 of 8: Preliminary Layout & Dimensions, revised September 25, 2012
– Sheet 6 of 8: Preliminary Site Landscape Plan
– Sheet 7 of 8: Preliminary Site Lighting Plan
– Sheet 8 of 8: Preliminary Landscaping Details
- Proposed Plant Material Photos – Parseghian Shopping Center, prepared by
Maser Consulting, dated January 28, 2014.
- Architectural Plans prepared by Hess Architects, dated November 3, 2008, unless noted, revised June 7, 2013:
Sheet 1: Front, Rear, Left side and Right Side Elevations, dated April 25, 2008
|Sheet||2:||Front Facade Plan Detail|
|Sheet||3:||Bathroom & Mech. Room Plan|
|Ceiling Plan, Bathroom Electrical Plan and Finishing Schedule
£0 1L hPd nt Nnr hlD2
- Architectural Plans prepared by William A Truss Engineering, dated
April 8, 2009:
S-1: Foundation Plan
S-2: Roof Framing and Mezzanine Plan
S-3: Details and Sections
S-4: Typical Details and Notes
- Copies of the following Board Decisions: ZBA #12-82, Route 303 Overlay Zone Variances, Approved, dated December 5, 2013 and PB #12-27, Preliminary Site Plan Approval Subject to Conditions, dated June 13, 2012.
FINDINGS OF FACT:
- The Board found that the proposed project received Final Approval in
1990 with a similar layout; however the project was not implemented. The differences between the prior project and the one before the Board relate to improvements by New York State Department of Transportation to Route 303 and compliance with the Town of Orangetown Overlay Zone.
- The Board found that the proposed structure will have rear, left and right facades of split face concrete block in Federal Block MBC-K in a dark grey tone.
- The Board found that the front facade will be stucco and split face concrete block;
- Stucco will be placed on the columns and trim and painted with
Sherwin Williams Summit Grey color
- Split face concrete block in the dark grey tone, will be placed under the columns and along the foundation of the front facade,
- Storefront windows will have anodized aluminum frames in bronze tone.
- The Board found that the building fascia will be stucco, painted with Sherwin William Tamarind color (tan). The shingled roof will be Estate Grey, manufactured by Owens Corning. The Clock Tower will be stucco painted in Tamarind with a roof to match the main building roof. The Board recommended that the clock be illuminated.
- The Board found that the 36′ diameter louver and trim element located under the clock tower will be painted Summit Grey.
- The Board found that the walkway will be a mixture of concrete and brick pavers.
- The Board found that there are four types of down lit lighting proposed:
- B Lighting: 5 pole mounted fixtures, 16 foot mounting height
from finished grade, manufactured by Sternberg, or equal. Each light would be 150 watt, 1970 Gallery series.
30 l.:L:10 S)’.~310 Nh\01
£O n w8 o t Nnr hlOZ
Nh\013 ~ NVB 0 .::\ 0 ~· .. 01
Appearance Board of Review Decision
June 5, 2014
Page 3 of 3
Continuation of #7 ...
- C Lighting: 3 Wall mounted fixtures, 16 foot mounting height from finished grade, manufactured by Sternberg or equal. Each light would be 150 watt, 1970 gallery series.
- D Lighting: 2 Wall mounted fixture, 16 foot mounting height from finished grade, manufactured by Gardea Lighting or equal. Each light would be 100 watt, Square Form Ten Wall Mount
- d. E Lighting: 4 Wall mounted Fixture, 12 foot mounting height from finished grade, manufactured by Gardea Lighting or equa Each light would be 100 watt, Square Form Ten Wall Mount
- The Board found that the signage was not part of this application and will be reviewed under a separate Building Permit.
- The Board found that the Landscaping Plan was acceptable.
- The Board found that trees to be saved shall be protected with snow fencing to the drip line during construction.
- The Board found that no grading is to take place within five feet of any property line, except as specified on the approved site plan.
The hearing was then opened to the Public. There being no one to be heard from the public, the Public Hearing portion of the meeting was closed.
DECISION: In view of the foregoing and the testimony before the Board, the application was APPROVED AS PRESENTED.
The foregoing resolution was presented and moved by Jack Messina and seconded by Andrew Andrews and carried as follows; Jack Messina, Chairman, aye, Jill Fieldstein, aye; James Dodge, absent; Blythe Yost, absent;
Deborah Stuhlweissenburg, aye; Stephen Swenney aye; and Andrew Andrews aye.
The Clerk to the Board is hereby authorized, directed, and empowered to sign this Decision and file a certified copy in the Office of the Town Clerk and the Office of the Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review.
3 Q 1.:U 0 S \I ‘ l 318 M f~ 01
hO u LJ8 01 Mnr hlD2
N M 013 o ii‘1 ti 0 .:I 0 N f·,\01