TOWN OF ORANGETOWN WORKSHOP MEETING – DRAFT AGENDA/SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
• Town Hall Proposal – The Musial Group
OPEN PUBLIC HEARING/8:05 PM, TUESDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2017/CHAPTER 43 §4.1 – PERFORMANCE STANDARDS – RELATING TO ODOR, PARTICULATE MATTER, AND OPACITY
1. RESOLVED that the public hearing on proposed amendments to Chapter 43 §4.1 – Performance Standards – relating to odor, particulate matter, and opacity, is hereby opened.
Presentation: Notice of Affidavidt
Summary of Public Comments:
ADJOURN TO___/CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING/ PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO CHAPTER 43 §4.1 – PERFORMANCE STANDARDS – RELATING TO ODOR, PARTICULATE MATTER, AND OPACITY
2. RESOLVED that the public hearing on proposed amendments to Chapter 43 §4.1 – Performance Standards – relating to odor, particulate matter, and opacity, is hereby adjourned to_____/closed.
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT/CSEA COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT AND MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING/JANUARY 1, 2017 THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2020
3. NOTE: PUBLIC TESTIMONY WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE DECEMBER 5, 2017 MEETING ON THIS ITEM
(To be voted 12/2 – Time sensitive)
RESOLVED, the Town Board hereby approves the Collective Bargaining Agreement and Memorandum of Understanding by and between the Town of Orangetown and the Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., AFSCME, AFL-CIO, for the Town of Orangetown Unit 8353, CSEA, effective January 1, 2017 through December31, 2020, as attached hereto as part of this resolution, are hereby approved; and be it further
RESOLVED, the Town Supervisor is hereby authorized to sign and fully execute said agreements and related documents as may be necessary.
AIR MONITORING PROPOSAL/TRC SOLUTIONS
4. (To be voted 12/5 – Time Sensitive)
RESOLVED, that the Town Board hereby accepts and approves the Aluf Odor Study Proposal (“contract”), as submitted by TRC Solutions, to include the identification of odor sources;, odor sampling and analysis;, and odor modeling, for a cost not to exceed $28,200; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the full cost of the contract will be charged to API Industries, Inc. d/b/a Aluf Plastics, per pursuant, but not necessarily limited, to the Specific Conditions set forth in the Orangetown Zoning Board of Appeals’ ZBA Decision ZBA #17-31, dated 05/11/2017, and §10.334(c) of the Zoning Code (Chapter 43) of the Orangetown Town Code.
ACCEPT/RECEIVE/FILE/TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE
5. RESOLVED, that the following documents are accepted, received and filed in the Town Clerk’s Office:
1. Aluf’s Air Quality Monitoring Report (Oct. 2017) prepared by TRC Environmental Corporation.
2. Town Board minutes: 9/26/17 and 10/17/17 Workshops; 10/3/17 and 10/24/17 Regular Town Board Meetings; and 10/17/17 Police Commission.
3. Agreement: Traffic Signal Installation Design & Construction Inspection Services at the Intersection of Convent Road and Third Ave, Blauvelt with Adler Consulting (11/2017).
4. Kolb Subaru/Kirchner Site Plan: Road Widening Deed (RC Inst No. 2017-037233), and Storm Water Maintenance Agreement (RC Inst No. 2017-032483).
APPOINT HEARING OFFICER
6. BE IT RESOLVED that the Town Board hereby appoints William Sherwood to act as a Hearing Officer pursuant to §75 of the Civil Service Law of the State of New York with respect to certain disciplinary charges, dated September 13, 2017, preferred against Employee # 1321. The Hearing Officer is directed to conduct a hearing, making findings of fact and issue a recommendation of guilt or innocence, along with a recommended penalty, if appropriate, to the Town Board.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Town Board approves of the compensation of Hearing Officer Sherwood, at a rate of $225.00 per hour for services rendered.
APPROVE CONTRACT/SYMPROCITY SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, INC. JANUARY 1, 2018 – DECEMBER 31, 2018
7. RESOLVED, that the Town Board hereby authorizes the Supervisor to execute a one (1) year contract for 2018, on behalf of the Town, as proposed and written, with SYMPROCITY SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, INC. for the inspection and record keeping software program and database customized for the Bureau of Fire Prevention, for a sum of FIVE AND 00/100 ($5.00) DOLLARS per Inspection performed; and for the lease to the Town of a “Field Inspection Tablet Computer”, specifically, the latest version of a Microsoft Surface tablet(s) (or comparable substitute) with Internet Access for FOUR AND 00/100 ($4.00) DOLLARS per inspection.
APPROVE CARETAKER AGREEMENT/NIKE PARK/2% INCREASE
8. RESOLVED, that the caretaker agreement for the property located at 1 Nike Lane, Orangeburg, New York (Nike Park), with a TWO (2%) PERCENT increase, for a term from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018, between the Town and THOMAS IACOBELLIS is hereby approved and the Supervisor is hereby authorized to sign same.
APPROVE CARETAKER AGREEMENTS/HENRY V. BORST PARK/ 2% INCREASE
9. RESOLVED, that the caretaker agreement for the property located at 212 North Main Street, Pearl River, New York (Henry V. Borst Park), with a TWO (2%) PERCENT increase, for a term from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018, between the Town and ANTHONY LIMANDRI is hereby approved and the Supervisor is hereby authorized to sign same.
APPROVE/MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING/NY SHARKS 2017-2018/ AQUATIC/POOL USE
10. RESOLVED, that the Memorandum of Understanding between the Town of Orangetown and New York Sharks Aquatics of Clarkstown for the year 2017 to 2018 in the amount of SEVENTEEN THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED EIGHTY-EIGHT AND 61/100 ($17,886.61) DOLLARS, is hereby approved and the Supervisor is hereby authorized to execute such Memorandum of Understanding.
APPROVE AND AUTHORIZE/ SETTLEMENT OF TAX CERTIORARI/ PEARL RIVER MEDICAL AND PROFESSIONAL OFFICES/TAX MAP DESIGNATION 68.20-2-10./1101-2208/180 EAST CENTRAL AVE., PEARL RIVER/2014-2017
11. (To be Voted 12/15/17 – Time Sensitive)
RESOLVED, that upon the recommendation of the Assessor, approve and authorize Dennis D. Michaels, Deputy Town Attorney, to sign settlement documents regarding the tax certiorari proceeding Pearl River Medical and Professional Offices v. Town of Orangetown, et al., Tax Map designation 68.20-2-10./1101 through 2208 (eight units total) (180 East Central Ave., Pearl River) for the tax assessment years 2014 through 2017 for a total refund by the County of $2,907, a total refund by the Town of $8,183 and a total refund by the School District of $39,290. Interest on the Town’s liability as a result of assessment decrease or refund is waived if payment is made within sixty (60) days after a copy of the order based upon the settlement is served on the Town (and Rockland County Finance Dept.).
PARKS AND RECREATION
TRAFFIC ADVISORY BOARD