Meeting - HABR June 8, 2010 (View All)
HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW
JUNE 8, 2010
MEMBERS PRESENT: Thano Schoppel
ABSENT: Scott Wheatley
ALSO PRESENT: Deborah Arbolino, Administrative Aide
Denise Sullivan, Deputy Town Attorney
Larry Bucciarelli Chair, called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. Hearings on this meeting’s agenda, which are made a part of this meeting, were held as noted below:
APPLICANTS DECISION HABR #
COZZA APPROVED AS HABR#10-07
78.13 / 1 / 3.12; R-40 zone MODIFIED
Barak HABR #10-01; Amendment to approved plans for a porch renovation. The original space was cantelievered; during the construction dry rot was discovered and the replacement porch was built with three new 6×6 columns.
Motion to approve change by Tom Quinn, which motion was seconded by Margaret Raso and carried unanimously. Thano Schoppel was not preset for this item.
Orecchio, HABR#09-13; Amendment to approved plans for the color of the brick façade; original color: Old Jamestown Brick, New Brick: Phoenix also manufactured by General Shale Brick, Inc.
Motion to approve change by Margaret Raso, which motion was seconded by Tom Quinn and carried unanimously. Thano Schoppel was not preset for this item.
THE DECISIONS RELATED TO THE ABOVE HEARINGS are inserted herein and made part of these minutes.
There being no further business to come before the Board, on motion duly made, seconded and carried, the meeting was adjoined at 9:00 P.M.
DATED: June 8, 2010
HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW
APPROVED WITH MODIFICATIONS
TO: Keith and Kelli Cozza HABR #10-07
201 E. 79th Street Apt. 17 H June 8, 2010
New York, New York 10075
FROM: HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW, TOWN OF ORANGETOWN
HABR# 10-07: Application of Keith and Kelli Cozza for review of a new single family residence located at 9 Kopac Lane, in the Town of Orangetown, Hamlet of Palisades, New York. Chapter 12, Section 12-5(A), Historic Areas Board of Review.
Tax Numbers: 78.13 / 1 / 3.12; R-40 zoning district.
Heard by the HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW at a meeting held on Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at which time the Board made the following determination:
Keith and Kelli Cozza, Mark Comito, Comito Construction Company, Robert Hoene, Architect, appeared and testified.
The applicant presented the following:
- Survey dated 4/21/10 signed and sealed by Jay A. Greenwell, PLS.
- Architectural plans dated April 29, 2010 with the latest revision date of June 10, 2010 by Robert Hoene, Architect.
Robert Hoene, Architect showed the Board revised plans with more detail. He explained the additional details; stating that arched windows were added in the front of the house; that copper roof dormers were added on the side of the garage to match the front; that every elevation had interest added to it; that on the left garage side the roof was continued down to give relief from the two story; that a small dormer was added over the garage side; that on the rear elevation a cantilevered deck with a roof was added to the master bedroom; that a covered porch was added on the right side elevation with an angled wall for interest; and that the precast around the windows are mitered with colonial detail.
Marc Comito, builder, stated that the roof would be composite slate in dusk gray and the roof would have copper valleys; that the exterior of the house would be jumbo brick by Watsontown Brick Co., in Fort Heritage which is earth tone gray/brown color with natural mortar; that the bay windows with have copper roofing; that the precast detail around the windows , doors and corners shall be almond; that the walkway and steps at the front door shall be bluestone and the step risers shall have a brick façade; that the railing shall be bronze aluminum powdered rail; that the chimney cap shall be standing copper; that all of the windows will be Pella brand in almond with exterior grilles; that the gutters will be aluminum seamless gutters in almond; that the garage doors will be Clopay Reserve Collection stained mahogany with arched top and divided light windows; that the lighting shall be coach style light fixtures located at all exterior door locations and over each garage door; that entry door shall be a double door stained mahogany with 2/3 arched beveled glass; that the dinette shall have a Pella double French style door in almond; that the guest room shall have a hinged door in almond with ½ glass panel; that the playroom shall have Pella double hinged French style door with transom in almond; and that the study door shall match the guest room.
No public comment.
FINDINGS OF FACT:
The Board, after personal observation of the property, hearing all the testimony and reviewing same, found as fact, that:
DECISION: In view of the foregoing and the testimony before the Board, the application (Architectural plans dated April 29, 2010 with the latest revision date of June 8, 2010 by Robert Hoene) is APPROVED as submitted and presented with the following conditions:
- Exterior to be jumbo earth tone gray/brown by Watsontown Brick Co. Fort Heritage brick with natural mortar on all sides and chimney with exterior trim detail as per plan in almond. Soffit and fascia to be vinyl/aluminum (almond).
- Roofing materials to be composite slate dusk gray color with copper valleys.
- Bay window roofing shall be copper.
- Exterior doors:
- Entry- Double door, stained mahogany style with 2/3 arched
Beveled glass (Gilliand Arched Beveled Glass, Model CG119)
- Dinette- Pella double French style doors, almond exterior trim.
- Guest room-Hinged door, almond with ½ glass panel Therma Tru brand
- Play room-Pella double hinged French style door with transom, almond exterior trim.
- Study- Hinged door, almond with ½ glass panel Therma Tru brand.
- Windows to be Pella brand with sizes as per plan Color: Almond; Type: Double Hung;
Grilles on the Exterior of all windows (Simulated Divided Lite)
- Aluminum seamless gutters to be Almond: leaders to be Almond.
- Garage doors (3) to be Clopay Reserve Collection stained mahogany color wood with arch top divided light windows.
- Front porch and steps to be bluestone. Step risers to be brick as per façade. Walk to be bluestone.(See photo submitted at meeting)
- Exterior coach style light fixtures located at all exterior door locations and over each garage door.
- Air Conditioner condenser units to be located on the right side (west) and screened with shrubs.
- The railings at the front steps shall be bronzed aluminum (oil rubbed) railings.
The foregoing resolution was presented and moved by Larry Bucciarelli , seconded by Thomas Quinn; and carried as follows: Wayne Garrison, aye. Thano Schoppel, aye; Thomas Quinn, aye; Larry Bucciarelli, aye; and Margaret Raso, aye. William Walther and Scott Wheatley were absent.
The Administrative Aide to the Board is hereby authorized, directed and empowered to sign this decision and file a certified copy thereof in the office of the Town Clerk.
Dated: June 8, 2010
HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW
TOWN OF ORANGETOWN
Deborah Arbolino, Administrative Aide
APPLICANT TOWN CLERK
TOWN BOARD MEMBERS HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT
HABR MEMBERS TOWN HISTORIAN
SUPERVISOR DEPT. OF ENVIRONMENTAL
TOWN ATTORNEY ENGINEERING
DEPUTY TOWN ATTORNEY HABR, PB, FILE
OBZPAE PB, ZBA, ACABOR CHAIRMAN
BUILDING INSPECTOR- B.vW.