Meeting - HABR July 10, 2012 (View All)
HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW
JULY 10, 2012
MEMBERS PRESENT: Wayne Garrison
ABSENT: Thano Schoppel
ALSO PRESENT: Cheryl Coopersmith, Chief Clerk
Denise Sullivan, Deputy Town Attorney
Ann Marie Ambrose, Official Stenographer
Margaret Raso, Chairperson, called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. Hearings on this meeting’s agenda, which are made a part of this meeting, were held as noted below:
APPLICANTS DECISION HABR #
10 KOPAC LANE APPROVED AS PRESENTED HABR#12-09
78.13 / 1 / 3.10; R-40 zone
THE DECISIONS RELATED TO THE ABOVE HEARINGS are inserted herein and made part of these minutes.
There being no further business to come before the Board, on motion duly made, seconded and carried, the meeting was adjourned at 8:15 P.M.
APPROVED AS PRESENTED
TO: Marc Comito HABR # 12-09
P.O. Box 300 July 10, 2012
West Nyack, New York 10994
FROM: HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW, TOWN OF ORANGETOWN
HABR# 12- 09: Application of Lot 10 Kopac Lane for review of a proposed new single-family residence. The premises are located on the west side of Kopac Lane, 1000 feet west of the intersection of Kopac Lane, Route 9W in the Town of Orangetown, Hamlet of Palisades, New York. Chapter 12, Section 12-4(A), Historic Areas Board of Review.
Tax Numbers: 78.13 / 1 / 3.10; R-40 zoning district.
Heard by the HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW at a meeting held on Tuesday,
July 10, 2012 at which time the Board made the following determination:
Marc Comito and Robert Hoene, Architect, appeared and testified.
The applicant presented the following:
- Architectural plans labeled “New Residence at Lot #10 Palisades , New York, dated 06/20/2012 with the latest revision date of 06/24/2012 by Robert Hoene, Architect.
- Two renderings of houses; one of the proposed house and the other showing more detail of the proposed brick for the front of the house.
- A picture of the proposed front door.
Robert Hoene, Architect, explained that the second drawing that the Board received is the correct drawing for the proposed house; that the first drawing was not detailed and was submitted in order to make the filing date for this hearing; that this house has already been sold; that they are proposing the front façade to be Silas Lucas brick which is two or three tone brown brick and the other sides of the house will be light brown/beige stucco;; that the house plans do not show the decorative balls that are shown on the rendering; that the client would like to have the balls on the house but it is not a deal breaker.
Marc Comito stated that the in the building business the style of this house is called sold; that he client wants this house built; that it does not require any variances; that the balls shown on the rendering were not included in the Architecturals; that the roof will be Timberline Architectural shingles in Charcoal; that the air conditioner will be located in the right rear of the house; that the railings in the front of the house will be aluminum straight railings; that the risers on the front steps shall be brick to match the house and the steps and walkway shall be bluestone; that the four patio doors in the front of the house shall match the style of the front door; that the back railing shall be timbertech railing to match the deck; and that the house is a little over 5,000 square feet.
No public comment.
FINDINGS OF FACT:
The Board, after personal observation of the property, hearing all the testimony and reviewing same, found as fact, that: The application as presented would not adversely affect the Historic District and the surrounding area. The design and materials for the proposed house (Architectural plans labeled “New Residence at Lot #10 Palisades , New York, dated 06/20/2012 with the latest revision date of 06/24/2012 by Robert Hoene, Architect) are complimentary to the District.
- The exterior front façade shall be General Shale Silas Lucas brick with off white stucco trim.
- The remaining sides shall be light brown/beige hard-coat stucco, soffit and fascia shall be vinyl/ aluminum (white/off-white).
- The roofing material shall be charcoal color GAF Timberline Architectural style shingles.
- Standing seam copper chimney cap.
- Exterior doors: (a) Entry Masterpiece doors, classic French door collection (Unit F12) in weathered bronze finish and shall have sidelights; (b) Front Terrace: Pella hinged French style door with grilles, brown; (c) Breakfast room: Pella sliding door with grilles, brown; (d) Family room; Pella hinged French style door with grilles, brown; (e) Rear garage door: Therma Tru Traditions TS262.
- The windows shall be Pella brand, sizes as per plan, brown with simulated divided light, included on all.
- Aluminum seamless gutters and leaders to be white/off-white.
- Garage doors shall be carriage style painted brown/light brown with divided light windows.
- The driveway shall be macadam with Belgium block curbs.
- Front porch shall be bluestone with bluestone steps and risers shall match the brick on the front of the house.
- Coach style lanterns in oil rubbed bronze shall be on the sides of the front door and the terrace doors and between the garage doors.
- The front railings (if necessary per code) shall be antique bronze powder coated aluminum and shall be straight railings.
THis APPROVAL/decision, and any modifications or conditions set forth herein, IS GRANTED BY THE historical area board of review and is LIMITED TO THE SPECIFIC RELIEF REQUESTED AND SUBJECT TO THE CONDITIONS or modifications, IF ANY, SET FORTH HEREIN.
** PRE-1918 CONSTRUCTION: please be advised: In the Historic Area, all construction requiring a building permit or any exterior changes (including paint color) to buildings constructed prior to 1918, requires approval from the historic areas board of review.
prior approval of the historical area board of review is required prior to any change or modification of the requirements and/or conditions set forth in this decision, including, but not limited to:
- roofing SHINGLES (IF CHANGING COLOR)
- decorative siding
- soffits & fascia
- gutters and leaders
- LOCATION OF AIR CONDITIONING UNITS
- WALKWAYS, PATIOS
- POOLS, SPAS AND FENCES
- any change in the above list including color, material and/or manufacturer
if you have any questions, please contact debbie arbolino, clerk to the historic area board of review at (845) 359-8410.
DECISION: In view of the foregoing and the testimony before the Board, the application; (Architectural plans labeled “New Residence at Lot #10 Palisades , New York, dated 06/20/2012 with the latest revision date of 06/24/2012 by Robert Hoene, Architect) is APPROVED.
The foregoing resolution was presented and moved by Thomas Quinn seconded Scott Wheatley; and carried as follows: William Walther, aye; Margaret Raso, aye; Scott Wheatley, aye; Larry Bucciarelli, nay; Thomas Quinn, aye;Wayne Garrison, aye; and Thano Schoppel, aye.
The Administrative Aide to the Board is hereby authorized, directed and empowered to sign this decision and file a certified copy thereof in the office of the Town Clerk.
Dated: July 10, 2012
HISTORIC AREAS BOARD OF REVIEW
TOWN OF ORANGETOWN
Deborah Arbolino, Administrative Aide
APPLICANT TOWN CLERK
TOWN BOARD MEMBERS HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT
HABR MEMBERS TOWN HISTORIAN
SUPERVISOR DEPT. OF ENVIRONMENTAL
TOWN ATTORNEY ENGINEERING
DEPUTY TOWN ATTORNEY HABR, PB, FILE
OBZPAE PB, ZBA, ACABOR CHAIRMAN