Meeting - ACABOR October 16, 2014 (View All)
|10/16/2014||ACABOR October 16, 2014||Architecture & Community Appearance Board of Review||Minutes|
|Scheduled:||10/16/2014 7:30 PM|
|Group(s):||Architecture & Community Appearance Board of Review|
TOWN OF ORANGETOWN ARCHITECTURE AND COMMUNITY APPEARANCE BOARD OF REVIEW – MEETING OF OCTOBER 16, 2014
MEMBERS PRESENT: Jill Fieldstein, Chairperson; Blythe Yost, Stephen Sweeney, James Dodge, and Andrew Andrews
MEMBERS ABSENT: Deborah Stuhlweissenburg
ALSO PRESENT: Richard Pakola, Deputy Town Attorney; Ann Marie Ambrose, Stenographer and Cheryl Coopersmith, Chief Clerk
Jill Fieldstein, Chairperson called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM and read the agenda. Hearings as listed on this meeting’s agenda which are made a part of these minutes were held as noted below.
|LSI Services, Inc., Site Plan
Review of Structure/Site Plans
|76.08/1 /1; LIO zoning district||Conditions|
MWD Star – Lot #16 Plans
Review of Landscaping/Site Plans
|Route 9W Golf Subdivision||Conditions|
|Palisades Historic District|
|78.13/1 /3.16; R-40 zoning district|
O’Sullivan House Addition Plans
|Review of Addition Plan||Subject to|
|65.17/1/8; R-40 zoning district||Conditions|
Grace Tabernacle Church Plans
|Review of Structure/Site Plans||Subject to|
77.08/5/41; CS zoning district
Vesey House Plans
Review of Structure/Site Plans
69.18/3/11; R-15 zoning district
Approved Subject to Conditions
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Stephen Sweeney and seconded by
Blythe Yost and agreed by all in attendance. The Decisions on the above hearings, which Decisions are made by the Board before the conclusion of the meeting, are mailed to the applicant. The verbatim minutes are not transcribed, but are available. As there was no further business before the Board, the
meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM. The next ACABOR Meeting is scheduled for
November 6, 2014.
Dated: October 16, 2014 r~ L fl ~n1n ~ ~ • ,0
Cheryl Coopersmith \._)’Ul L–U u \~
Chief Clerk Boards and Commissions
301.:1.:10 S)!H310 NM’i’l
9~ 21 Wd 2.~· 13’0 hl02
.NM013~NVHO .:IQ N·.MO’.i
Donald Brenner, 4 Independence Avenue, Tappan, New York
Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review
RE: LSI Services, Inc. Plans: The application of LSI Services, Inc., applicant, for VLJ Realty, LLC, owner, for the review of Structure/Site Plans at a site to be known as “LSI Services, Inc. Plans”, in accordance with Article 16 of the Town Law of the State of New York and Chapter 2 of the Code of the Town of Orangetown. The site is located on the west side of Blaisdell Road, approximately 600 feet south of Ramland Road, at 336 Blaisdell Road, Orangeburg, Town of Orangetown, Rockland County, New York, and as shown on the Orangetown Tax Map as Section 76.08, Block 1, Lot 1 in the LIO zoning district.
Heard by the Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review of the Town of Orangetown at a meeting held Thursday, October 16, 2014, at which time the Board made the following determinations:
Donald Brenner and Dardon Bilali appeared and testified. The Board received the following items:
- Site Development Plans prepared by Jay Greenwell, PLS, dated
November 27, 2012, last revised August 22, 2014: Sheet 1: Site Plan
Sheet 2: Grading, Drainage and Utility Plan with Erosion Control
Sheet 3: Detail Sheet
- Planting & Lighting Plan prepared by Robert Torgersen ASLA, dated
September 16, 2014.
- Architectural Plans prepared by Pioneer Pole Buildings, Inc., dated
June 26, 2014:
Sheet 1 : Elevations Sheet 2: Pole Plan Sheet 3: Details
Sheet 4: General Notes
- Roof Truss Design, prepared by John Presley, New York State Professional
Engineer, dated July 25, 2013, revised June 25, 2014. E. Material Sheet dated September 23, 2014.
- Copies of the following Board Decisions: ZBA #13-80, Approval of Variances for Lot Area, Lot Width, Street Frontage, Side Yard, Total Side Yard, Rear Yard, Building Height, Development Coverage, Accessory Storage within Enclosed Buildings, Off Street Parking and Fence Height, dated June 4, 2014 and
PB #13-12, Preliminary Site Plan Approval Subject to Conditions/ Neg. Dec., dated July 10, 2013.
331:HO S)IY313 NMOl
gg zt tad Z~ !fill U
- – .
.Nb\Gl3:>NVHO .:10 NMGl
ACABOR #14-28: LSI Services, Inc. Site Plan: Approved Subject to
Town of Orangetown – Architecture and Community Appearance
Board of Review Decision
October 16, 2014
Page 2 of 4
- An email with attachments from Mike Policastro, abutting property owner, 4
Lone Cedar Way, Old Tappan, New Jersey.
- An Interdepartmental Memorandum from Paul J. Witte, Town of Orangetown
Code Enforcement Officer, dated October 16, 2014.
FINDINGS OF FACT:
- The Board found that the site is partially developed and used for a landscaping business. The rear of the property is lightly wooded. The front of the site has a dirt area and used for a landscaping business.
- The Board found that the applicant has obtained the needed approvals from the Planning Board; Preliminary Site Plan Approval with
Conditions and from the Zoning Board of Appeals. As required by condition #1 of ZBA #13-80, the location of the building has been relocated to the north side of the property as per the request of the neighbor.
- The Board found that all trucks and vehicles would be placed inside the new structure.
- The Board found that the proposed building is a prefabricated steel structure with four sides of Clay color (tan), with a bottom border of Ivy color (green). The roof is Ivy color and the doors are white. The structure measures 72 feet deep by 32 feet wide. The height of the structure is approximately 20 feet tall. The applicant has the option of placing a cupola on top of the structure.
- The Board found a 6 foot privacy fence shall be placed around the entire property.
- The Board found that in order to provide adequate screening, the applicant proposed to plant Leyland trees along the back property line. The plan shall be revised to note the Leyland trees to be increased in size to a minimum height of 7 to 8 feet. In the event that a plant dies, the applicant shall replace it within a reasonable time.
- The Board found that the site would have two (2) down lit lights mounted on posts; 1 in the front and 1 in the rear, both motion security lighting.
- The Board found that concrete would be the most common material stored on site, which does not create an odor.
- The Board found that photographs depicting an unkempt site had been submitted for review by an abutting property owner. An interdepartmental memorandum dated October 16, 2014, from Paul J. Witte, Town of Orangetown Code Enforcement Officer, noted that the conditions in the photographs did not exist as of the date of the
301.:1.:W S)ll:.1313 NM01
~ 9Z Zi Lid Zi .l~fJllD2