Meeting - ACABOR March 6, 2014 (View All)
|03/06/2014||ACABOR March 6, 2014||Architecture & Community Appearance Board of Review||Minutes|
|Scheduled:||03/06/2014 7:30 PM|
|Group(s):||Architecture & Community Appearance Board of Review|
TOWN OF ORANGETOWN ARCHITECTURE AND COMMUNITY APPEARANCE BOARD OF REVIEW – MEETING OF MARCH 6, 2014
MEMBERS PRESENT: Thomas Warren, Chairman; Paul Papay, Vice Chairman; Jack Messina, James Dodge, Jill Fieldstein and Blyth Yost
MEMBERS ABSENT: None
ALSO PRESENT: Richard Pakola, Deputy Town Attorney; Ann Marie Ambrose, Stenographer and Cheryl Coopersmith, Chief Clerk
Thomas Warren, Chairman, called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Mr. Warren read the agenda. Hearings as listed on this meeting’s agenda which are
made a part of these minutes were held as noted below.
Keller Williams Plan
Review of Sign Plan
68.16/6/62; CS zoning district
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Jill Fieldstein and seconded by James Dodge and agreed by all in attendance. The Decisions on the above hearings, which Decisions are made by the Board before the conclusion of the meeting, are mailed to the applicant. The verbatim minutes are not transcribed, but are available. As there was no further business before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 7:45 p.m. The next ACABOR Meeting is scheduled for March 20, 2014.
Dated: March 6, 2014
S? DI lJ8 TT HHlJ hIDZ
Nttio1351~·,n.;o .:JO r11~\01
ACABOR #14-06: Keller Williams Plan: Approved as Presented
Town of Orangetown -Architecture and Community Appearance Board of
March 6, 2014
Roberta Adao, Sign Creations, 73 South Main Street, New City, New York 10956
Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review
RE: Keller Williams Sign Plan: The application of Sign Creations, Inc., applicant for Skyview Plaza, LLC, owner, for the review of a Sign Plan, at a site known as “Keller Williams Plan”, in accordance with Article 16 of the Town Law of the State of New York and Chapter 2 of the Code of the Town of Orangetown. The site is located 21 East Central Avenue, Pearl River, Town of Orangetown, Rockland County, New York, and as shown on the Orangetown Tax Map as Section 68.16, Block 6, Lot 62 in the CS zoning district.
Heard by the Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review of the Town of Orangetown at a meeting held Thursday, March 6, 2014, at which time the Board made the following determinations:
Francis Lyons appeared and testified for the applicant. The Board received the following items:
- Photographs of proposed signage, prepared by Sign Creations, undated. B. Material Sheet, signed by Roberta Adao, dated February 21, 2014.
- A copy of the Building Permit Referral, dated January 28, 2014.
FINDINGS OF FACT:
- The Board found that the applicant proposed two signs:
- Sign on side of building is carved Extira (wood composite) measuring 108″ wide by 22″ high. The background is red with a black and white border. The lettering of “Keller Williams” is white and “Realty” is black. The tallest lettering (KELLER WILLIAMS) are approximately 8.5″ high. The sign is non-illuminated.
- Sign on front of building is carved Extira (wood composite) measuring 120″ wide by 24″ high. The background is red with a black and white border. The lettering of “Keller Williams” is white and “Realty” is black. The tallest lettering (KELLER WILLIAMS) are approximately 9″ high. The sign is non-illuminated.
The hearing was then opened to the Public. There being no one to be heard from the public, the Public Hearing portion of the meeting was closed.
DECISION: In view of the foregoing and the testimony before the Board, the application was APPROVED AS PRESENTED
The foregoing resolution was presented and moved by Jill Fieldstein and seconded by Jack Messina and carried as follows: Thomas Warren, Chairman, aye; Jack Messina, aye; James Dodge, aye; Jill Fieldstein, aye; Paul Papay, aye and Blyth Yost, aye.
The Clerk to the Board is hereby authorized, directed and empowered to sign this Decision and file a certified copy in the Office of the Town Clerk and the Office of the Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review.
Dated: March 6, 2014
Town of Orangetown
Architecture and Community Appearan
3 0 1.:L:l 0 SY~~! 31 0 N h\ 0 l
SZ ot W8 L 1 BHl.J hl02
N/A013DNVUO .:IO NA\01