Meeting - ACABOR January 3, 2013 (View All)
|01/03/2013||ACABOR January 3, 2013||Architecture & Community Appearance Board of Review||Minutes|
|Scheduled:||01/03/2013 7:30 PM|
|Group(s):||Architecture & Community Appearance Board of Review|
TOWN OF ORANGETOWN ARCHITECTURE AND COMMUNITY APPEARANCE BOARD OF REVIEW – MEETING OF JANUARY 3, 2013
MEMBERS PRESENT: Paul Papay, Chairperson; Thomas Warren; Blyth Yost; Jill Fieldstein and Alex DiMenna
MEMBERS ABSENT: Jack Messina, Vice Chairperson; and James Dodge
ALSO PRESENT: Ann Marie Ambrose, Stenographer and Cheryl Coopersmith, Chief Clerk
Paul Papay, Chairperson, called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Mr. Papay read the agenda. Hearings as listed on this meeting’s agenda which are made a part of these minutes were held as noted below.
|Hennessy Group Sign Plan||Approved Subject||ACABOR #13-01|
|Review of Sign Plans||to Conditions|
|68.18 /6/ 65; CS zoning district|
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Thomas Warren and seconded by Alex DiMenna and agreed by all in attendance. The Decisions on the above hearings, which Decisions are made by the Board before the conclusion of the meeting and are mailed to the applicant. The verbatim minutes are not transcribed, but are available. As there was no further business before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 p.m. The next ACABOR Meeting is scheduled for February 7, 2013.
Dated: January 3, 2013
ACABOR #13-01 – Hennessy Group Sign Plan – Approved Subject to
Town of Orangetown – Architecture and Community Appearance Board of
January 3, 2013
TO: Rosanne Hennessy, 83 Hunt Avenue, Pearl River, New York
FROM: Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review
RE: Hennessy Group Sign Plan: The application of Rosanne Hennessy, owner, for the Review of Sign Plans at a site to be known as “Hennessy Group Sign Plan,” in accordance with Article 16 of the Town Law of the State of New York and Chapter 2 of the Code of the Town of Orangetown. The site is located at 5 East Central Avenue, Pearl River, Town of Orangetown, Rockland County, New York and as shown on the Orangetown Tax Map as Section 68.26, Block 6, Lot 65 in the CS zoning district.
Heard by the Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review of the Town of Orangetown at a meeting held Thursday, January 3, 2013, at which time the Board made the following determinations:
Rosanne Hennessy and George Hanken appeared and testified. The Board received the following items:
- Sign Plan prepared by Sign-A-Rama, dated August 22, 2012
- Photographs of the façade with imaging of the Sign on the building.
- A Vicinity Map and a section of a copied Site Plan for the project site, dated April 29, 1987, last revised July 3, 1987, prepared by Edward Palmeberg, P.E., and Robert Sorace, PLS.
- A copy of ACABOR #87-59, Approved, dated July 2, 1987.
FINDINGS OF FACT:
- The Board found that the applicant proposed signage on the front building façade. The applicant presented the following alternatives for the placement of the sign:
- a) Between the two second level windows,
- b) Above the second level windows on the peaked portion of the facade.
- The Board found that it favored the placement of the signage above the second level windows, since that location offered an unobstructed view of the sign.
3 The Board found that the signage consisted of individual letters to be pin mounted into the face of the building. Each letter is 13.25 inches high in black formed plastic letters. The lettering is similar to other signage used on neighboring commercial signs in downtown Pearl River. The square footage of the sign is within the Town of Orangetown Zoning Code.
- The Board found that there will be no additional lighting on the building or in the signage.
No Public Comments
DECISION: In view of the foregoing and the testimony before the Board, the application was APPROVED SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- The placement of the signage shall be above the second level windows as presented on the submitted plans.
- The letters shall consist of individual letters to be pin mounted into the face of the building. Each letter is 13.25 inches high in black formed plastic letters. The lettering will be similar to other signage used on neighboring commercial signs in downtown Pearl River.
- There will be no additional lighting on the building or in the signage. The foregoing resolution was presented and moved by Thomas Warren and
seconded by Alex DiMenna and carried as follows: Paul Papay, Chairperson, aye; Jack Messina, absent; James Dodge, absent, Alex DiMenna, aye; Blyth Yost, aye; Thomas Warren, aye; and Jill Fieldstein, aye.
The Clerk to the Board is hereby authorized, directed and empowered to sign this Decision and file a certified copy in the Office of the Town Clerk and the Office of the Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review.
Dated: January 3, 2013
Town of Orangetown
Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review