Here is a list of some of the projects and programs the Highway Department is involved in:
- Drainage Projects
- Road Construction/Improvement
- Curb and Sidewalk Repair/Replacement
- Snow and Ice Control
- Tree Removal
- Leaf Removal
Reducing the amount of material being deposited in landfills not only protects our environment, it also provides revenue to the Town of Orangetown. The Town of Orangetown currently receives $26.00 per ton of material brought the Materials Recovery Facility in Hillburn, operated by the Rockland County Solid Waste Management Authority.
Please follow the guidelines below to avoid a delay in the pickup of your materials:
- Make sure you recycling bins are placed curbside the evening prior to your pick up date.
- You may use clear plastic bags if your recycling bins are not big enough. Please place these bags along side your designated recycling bins.
- Please keep paper products and containers in separate recycling bins. Containers should be washed clean and free of lids, caps, etc.
- If your recyclable material is not picked up on the scheduled date, please contact the Highway Department’s Solid Waste Hotline at 359-6988 or 359-6989 as soon as possible.
* All cardboard must be flat and cut to pieces no larger than 3’x3’. Please do not place pieces of cardboard in a cardboard box.
If you have any questions regarding the Recycling Program, please contact the Orangetown Solid Waste Hotline at 359-6988 or 359-6989.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – A great deal for everyone!
CURBSIDE BULK PICK-UP
Once a Month-Year Round Service
Private sanitation services provide curbside bulk pick-up from your homes. Your bulk items should be placed curbside the evening prior to your pickup. Please check with your private sanitation service for the date of pickup. This will not change your backyard refuse service now provided by your private sanitation service.
If you have any questions or would like more information regarding this new service, please call the Highway Department at 359-6988 or 359-6989.
In order to provide the most economical and efficient service, please observe the following guidelines:
- Items should be placed in an orderly manner curbside for your last garbage pickup of the month:
- Items should be less than 5ft in length and bundled
- Appliance doors removed
- Glass and mirrors taped to prevent shattering
- Sharp objects (nails, screws, etc.) should be removed from items for pickup.
|Acceptable Materials||Unacceptable Materials|
* Refrigerators/Air Conditioners must have the freon removed and red-tagged by a licensed freon removal service. Residents may bring these items to the Drop-Off Center located at the Highway Department, 119 Route 303, Orangeburg, New York.