TOWN OF ORANGETOWN WORKSHOP MEETING – FINAL
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
• Public Hearing/8:05 PM, December 19, 2017/Regulation of Devices in Public Rights of Way and Easements
• Tree removal work to begin tomorrow through early next week along the JB Clark Rail Trail behind DeLongis Court in Sparkill. Please avoid that section of the Trail.
• Town Hall Proposal – The Musial Group
OPEN PUBLIC HEARING/8:05 PM, TUESDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2017/CHAPTER 43 §4.1 – PERFORMANCE STANDARDS – RELATING TO ODOR, PARTICULATE MATTER, AND OPACITY/DECLARE TOWN BOARD’S INTENT TO SERVE AS LEAD AGENCY/DIRECT CIRCULATION
1. RESOLVED that the public hearing on proposed amendments to Chapter 43 §4.1 – Performance Standards – relating to odor, particulate matter, and opacity, is hereby opened.
Presentation: Notice of Affidavidt
Summary of Public Comments:
ADJOURN PUBLIC HEARING TO _____PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO CHAPTER 43 §4.1 – PERFORMANCE STANDARDS – RELATING TO ODOR, PARTICULATE MATTER, AND OPACITY
2. RESOLVED that the public hearing on proposed amendments to Chapter 43 §4.1 – Performance Standards – relating to odor, particulate matter, and opacity, is hereby adjourned to_____.
AIR MONITORING PROPOSAL/TRC SOLUTIONS
3. (To be voted 12/5 – Time Sensitive)
RESOLVED, that the Town Board hereby accepts and approves the Aluf Odor Study Proposal (“contract”), as submitted by TRC Solutions, to include the identification of odor sources;, odor sampling and analysis;, and odor modeling, for a cost not to exceed $28,200; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the full cost of the contract will be charged to API Industries, Inc. d/b/a Aluf Plastics, per pursuant, but not necessarily limited, to the Specific Conditions set forth in the Orangetown Zoning Board of Appeals’ ZBA Decision ZBA #17-31, dated 05/11/2017, and §10.334(c) of the Zoning Code (Chapter 43) of the Orangetown Town Code.
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT/CSEA COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT AND MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING/ JANUARY 1, 2017 THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2020
4. NOTE: PUBLIC TESTIMONY WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE DECEMBER 5, 2017 MEETING ON THIS ITEM
(To be voted 12/5 – Time sensitive)
RESOLVED, the Town Board hereby approves the Collective Bargaining Agreement and Memorandum of Understanding by and between the Town of Orangetown and the Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., AFSCME, AFL-CIO, for the Town of Orangetown Unit 8353, CSEA, effective January 1, 2017 through December31, 2020, as attached hereto as part of this resolution, are hereby approved; and be it further
RESOLVED, the Town Supervisor is hereby authorized to sign and fully execute said agreements and related documents as may be necessary.
APPROVE COMPENSATION FOR EMPLOYEES ON CSEA EXCLUSION LIST, .35% FOR 2017, (INCLUDING RETROACTIVE PAY), 2.00% FOR 2018, 2.00% FOR 2019, 2.00% FOR 2020
5. (To be voted 12/5 – Time Sensitive)
RESOLVED that all employees with job titles that are specifically itemized below from the CSEA Exclusion List (Schedule A) should receive salary increases of .35% for 2017 (including retroactive pay), 2.00% for 2018, 2.00% for 2019, and 2.00% for 2020:
ASSOCIATE JUSTICE COURT CLERK
COMMISSIONER OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT & ENGINEERING
CONFIDENTIAL ASSISTANT TO TOWN SUPERVISOR
DEPUTY TOWN ATTORNEY
DIRECTOR OF AUTOMATED SYSTEMS
DEPUTY COMMISSIONER OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT & ENGINEERING
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
DIRECTOR OF OFFICE OF BUILDING, ZONING & PLANNING ADMINISTRATION &
HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR III
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
SECRETARIAL ASSISANT LEGAL
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
SUPERINTENDENT OF PARKS & RECREATION
TOWN HISTORIAN (PT)
Such employees shall also receive the other benefits as specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Town of Orangetown and the Civil Service Employees Associations, Inc., dated December 5, 2017.
HIRE OUTSIDE COUNSEL/REGULATION AND LITIGATION OF COMPLIANCE WITH ENVIRONMENTAL AND INDUSTRIAL STANDARDS/CARTER, LEDYARD AND MILLBURN
6. RESOLVED, that the Town Board hereby authorizes the hiring of outside counsel to represent the town regarding regulation and litigation of compliance with environmental and industrial standards as per attached proposal from Carter, Ledyard and Millburn, with fees not to exceed $_____ in 2018.
DEFEASANCE OF OUTSTANDING BOND/PURCHASE OF ROCKLAND PSYCHIATRIC CENTER (2008) AND REFINANCED (2015)/~$3.6 MILLION
7. Language to be added upon receipt from Bond Counsel
ACCEPT/RECEIVE/FILE/TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE
8. RESOLVED, that the following documents are accepted, received and filed in the Town Clerk’s Office:
1. Aluf’s Air Quality Monitoring Report (Oct. 2017) prepared by TRC Environmental Corporation.
2. Town Board minutes: 9/26/17 and 10/17/17 Workshops; 10/3/17 and 10/24/17 Regular Town Board Meetings; and 10/17/17 Police Commission.
3. Agreement: Traffic Signal Installation Design & Construction Inspection Services at the Intersection of Convent Road and Third Ave, Blauvelt with Adler Consulting (11/2017).
4. Kolb Subaru/Kirchner Site Plan: Road Widening Deed (RC Inst No. 2017-037233), and Storm Water Maintenance Agreement (RC Inst No. 2017-032483).
APPOINT HEARING OFFICER
9. BE IT RESOLVED that the Town Board hereby appoints William Sherwood to act as a Hearing Officer pursuant to §75 of the Civil Service Law of the State of New York with respect to certain disciplinary charges, dated September 13, 2017, preferred against Employee # 1321. The Hearing Officer is directed to conduct a hearing, making findings of fact and issue a recommendation of guilt or innocence, along with a recommended penalty, if appropriate, to the Town Board.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Town Board approves of the compensation of Hearing Officer Sherwood, at a rate of $225.00 per hour for services rendered.
APPROVE CONTRACT/SYMPROCITY SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, INC. JANUARY 1, 2018 – DECEMBER 31, 2018
10. RESOLVED, that the Town Board hereby authorizes the Supervisor to execute a one (1) year contract for 2018, on behalf of the Town, as proposed and written, with SYMPROCITY SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, INC. for the inspection and record keeping software program and database customized for the Bureau of Fire Prevention, for a sum of FIVE AND 00/100 ($5.00) DOLLARS per Inspection performed; and for the lease to the Town of a “Field Inspection Tablet Computer”, specifically, the latest version of a Microsoft Surface tablet(s) (or comparable substitute) with Internet Access for FOUR AND 00/100 ($4.00) DOLLARS per inspection.
APPROVE CARETAKER AGREEMENT/NIKE PARK/2% INCREASE
11. RESOLVED, that the caretaker agreement for the property located at 1 Nike Lane, Orangeburg, New York (Nike Park), with a TWO (2%) PERCENT increase, for a term from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018, between the Town and THOMAS IACOBELLIS is hereby approved and the Supervisor is hereby authorized to sign same.
APPROVE CARETAKER AGREEMENTS/HENRY V. BORST PARK/ 2% INCREASE
12. RESOLVED, that the caretaker agreement for the property located at 212 North Main Street, Pearl River, New York (Henry V. Borst Park), with a TWO (2%) PERCENT increase, for a term from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018, between the Town and ANTHONY LIMANDRI is hereby approved and the Supervisor is hereby authorized to sign same.
APPROVE/MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING/NY SHARKS 2017-2018/ AQUATIC/POOL USE
13. RESOLVED, that the Memorandum of Understanding between the Town of Orangetown and New York Sharks Aquatics of Clarkstown for the year 2017 to 2018 in the amount of SEVENTEEN THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED EIGHTY-EIGHT AND 61/100 ($17,886.61) DOLLARS, is hereby approved and the Supervisor is hereby authorized to execute such Memorandum of Understanding.
APPROVE AND AUTHORIZE/SETTLEMENT OF TAX CERTIORARI/PEARL RIVER MEDICAL AND PROFESSIONAL OFFICES/TAX MAP DESIGNATION 68.20-2-10./1101-2208/180 EAST CENTRAL AVE., PEARL RIVER/2014-2017
14. (To be Voted 12/5/17 – Time Sensitive)
RESOLVED, that upon the recommendation of the Assessor, approve and authorize Dennis D. Michaels, Deputy Town Attorney, to sign settlement documents regarding the tax certiorari proceeding Pearl River Medical and Professional Offices v. Town of Orangetown, et al., Tax Map designation 68.20-2-10./1101 through 2208 (eight units total) (180 East Central Ave., Pearl River) for the tax assessment years 2014 through 2017 for a total refund by the County of $2,958, a total refund by the Town of $8,342 and a total refund by the School District of $40,413. Interest on the Town’s liability as a result of assessment decrease or refund is waived if payment is made within sixty (60) days after a copy of the order based upon the settlement is served on the Town (and Rockland County Finance Dept.).
APPROVE 2018 AGREEMENT/HI-TOR ANIMAL CARE CENTER, INC.
15. RESOLVED, that the Town Board authorizes and approves a contract with Hi-Tor Animal Care Center, Inc. in the amount of FORTY NINE THOUSAND SIXTY AND 00/100 ($49,060.00) DOLLARS by quarterly payments for fiscal year 2018 for the statutory shelter/pound services required to be provided by the Town, in accordance with the terms of said contract, a copy of which is expressly incorporated herein by reference, and the Supervisor is hereby authorized to sign same.
APPVOVE/AUTHORIZE/TAX CERTIORARI/ BLAUVELT MINI-MALL INC./S-B-L 70.14-4-36/135 EAST ERIE ST., BLAUVELT/2012-2017
16. (To be voted 12/5 – Time Sensitive)
RESOLVED, upon the recommendation of the Assessor, approve and authorize Dennis D. Michaels, Deputy Town Attorney, to sign settlement documents regarding the tax certiorari proceeding Blauvelt Mini-Mall Inc. v. Orangetown, Town of, et al., Tax Map designation 70.14-4-36 (135 East Erie St., Blauvelt) for the tax assessment years 2012 through 2017 for a total refund by the County of $21,896, a total refund by the Town of $64,305 and a total refund by the School District of $219,862. Interest on the Town’s liability as a result of assessment decrease or refund is waived if payment is made within sixty (60) days after a copy of the order based upon the settlement is served on the Town (and Rockland County Finance Dept.).
ACCEPT BID/POLICE DEPARTMENT UNIFORMS
17. RESOLVED, that upon the recommendation of the Chief of Police, accepts a bid by _____ for Orangetown Police Department Uniforms. Total contract cost will be $________.
ACCEPT BID/DRY CLEANING, LAUNDERING, MINOR SEWING AND REPAIRS/POLICE DEPARTMENT UNIFORMS 2018-2019/THE WASHING BOARD
18. RESOLVED, that upon the recommendation of the Chief of Police, accept the bid from The Washing Board, Pearl River, for dry cleaning, laundering, minor sewing and repairs for Police Department uniforms, 2018-2019.
CREATE POSITION/ASSISTANT AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC
19. RESOLVED, based on the recommendation of the Rockland County Personnel Department, the creation of the above noted position in the Highway Department, is hereby approved.
TRAFFIC ADVISORY BOARD
INSTALL STOP SIGN/OLD MOUNTAIN ROAD (COUNTY ROAD 28)/SOUTH BOULEVARD/UPPER GRANDVIEW.
20. RESOLVED, that upon the recommendation of the Orangetown Traffic Advisory Board, direct the Higway Department to install a “STOP SIGN“ on Old Mountain Road (County Road 28) at South Boulevard in Upper Grandview, requiring motorists to STOP Before entering South Boulevard.
PARKS AND RECREATION
ACCEPTANCE OF MEMORIAL BENCH
21. RESOLVED, that upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Parks and Recreation, accept with gratitude the donation of one memorial bench to be placed along the Blauvelt section of the J.B. Clarke Rail Trail. Engraving will read “In honor of Michael and Virginia Lynch.”
• Ed Cook Sr. – formerly employed at OBZPAE for 20 Years, retiring in 2006