TOWN OF ORANGETOWN – WORKSHOP MEETING
TUESDAY, MAY 23, 2017 – DRAFT AGENDA
Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
1. ZONE CHANGE REQUEST: LO TO CC ZONE, 576 ROUTE 303, BLAUVELT, NY –
FRANK PHILLIPS, PHILLIPS & MILLMAN
(To be voted 5/23):
OPEN PH ON MAY 23, 2017 AT 8:05 PM/ PROPOSED LOCAL LAW AMENDING CHAPTER 43 (ZONING) OF THE TOWN CODE TO ALLOW VETERAN HOUSING IN THE R-15 ZONING DISTRICT
1. RESOLVED, that the public hearing on the proposed Local Law amending Chapter 43 (Zoning) of the Town Code to allow Veteran housing in the R-15 Zoning District is hereby opened.
PROPOSED LOCAL LAW, AMENDING CHAPTER 43 OF THE ZONING LAW OF THE TOWN OF ORANGETOWN PERMITTING VETERAN HOUSING AS A CONDITIONAL USE IN THE R-15 ZONING DISTRICT
Be it enacted by the Town Board of the Town of Orangetown as follows:
Section 1. Chapter 43, § 3.11 of the Town Code, which establishes and incorporates the various Tables of General Use Regulations shall be amended at 43 Attachment 3, Column 4, Use 2, Conditional Uses by Planning Board, with respect to the R-15 zoning district, to add “attached veteran housing”. As amended, 43 Attachment 3, Column 4, Use 2, shall read:
2. Attached veteran housing, and single or attached adult housing residential uses as provided in Note 15 of the Notes to the Use and Bulk Tables. Adult housing shall be limited to families with 1 adult over age 50 and no child under 18 years.
Section 2. Chapter 43 (Zoning) of the Town Code, Note 15 of the Notes to the Notes to the Use and Bulk Tables, shall be amended to add “attached veteran housing” where the term “attached adult housing residences”, such that such note, in relevant part, shall read as follows:
“. . . the Planning Board may also permit a cluster development of not more than four (4) attached veteran housing or adult housing residences, provided . . . .”
Section 3. Chapter 43, § 3.12 of the Town Code, which establishes and incorporates the various Tables of General Bulk Regulations, shall be amended at 43 Attachment 13 with respect to the R-15 zoning district, to add “Attached veteran housing” to Use Group N, Column 3. As amended, Column 3, Use Group N, shall read:
Attached veteran housing and single-family attached residences for adults in buildings not more than 2 stories high**
Section 4. Amend the Town Code of the Town of Orangetown, Chapter 43 (“Zoning”), Article 10, § 11.2 (Definitions) to add a definition of “Attached veteran housing”, which shall read as follows:
ATTACHED VETERAN HOUSING – attached residential housing units for honorably discharged veterans of the United States armed services who meet the federal criteria as homeless, owned and/or operated by a private not-for-profit corporation, organized as such under the laws of the State of New York, and having status as an IRS 501[c]3 entity.
Section 5: Amend the Town Code of the Town of Orangetown, Chapter 43 (“Zoning”), Article VIII, to add a new § 8.17 entitled “Attached Veteran Housing” as a Conditional Use of the Planning Board in the R-15 zoning district, which section shall read as follows:
§ 8.17. Attached Veteran Housing.
A. Attached Veteran Housing, as defined at § 11.2 hereof, shall be permitted as a conditional use in the R-15 zoning district.
B. Such housing shall be subject to the Table of General Bulk Regulations, 43 Attachment 13, Use Group N.
C. Such housing shall be on located on or along or in immediate proximity to a State or County road readily accessible to public transportation services.
Section 6: This local law shall take effect immediately on filing with the Secretary of State.
CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING/AMEND CHAPTER 43 OF THE ZONING LAW OF THE TOWN OF ORANGETOWN PERMITTING VETERAN HOUSING AS A CONDITIONAL USE IN THE R-15 ZONING DISTRICT
(To be voted 5/23)
2. RESOLVED, that the public hearing on the proposed Local Law amending Chapter 43 (Zoning) of the Town Code to allow Veteran housing in the R-15 Zoning District is hereby closed.
SEQR/LEAD AGENCY DETERMINATION/ PROPOSED LOCAL LAW, AMENDING CHAPTER 43 OF THE ZONING LAW OF THE TOWN OF ORANGETOWN PERMITTING VETERAN HOUSING AS A CONDITIONAL USE IN THE R-15 ZONING DISTRICT
(To be voted 5/23)
3. RESOLVED, the Town Board declares lead agency…
ADOPT LOCAL LAW NO. __, AMENDING CHAPTER 43 OF THE ZONING LAW OF THE TOWN OF ORANGETOWN PERMITTING VETERAN HOUSING AS A CONDITIONAL USE IN THE R-15 ZONING DISTRICT
(To be voted 5/23)
4. RESOLVED, that the Town Board hereby adopts proposed local law No. __, amending Chapter 43 (Zoning) of the Town Code to allow Veteran housing in the R-15 Zoning District.
CONSENT JUDGEMENT/TAX CERTIORARI/ ROCKLAND COUNTRY CLUB V. THE ASSESSOR OF THE TOWN OF ORANGETOWN, ET AL.,
5. RESOLVED, upon the recommendation of the Assessor, approve and authorize Dennis D. Michaels, Deputy Town Attorney, to sign the Consent Judgment regarding the tax certiorari proceeding Rockland Country Club v. The Assessor of the Town of Orangetown, et al., Tax Map designation 78.09-1-24 (380 Route 9W, Palisades) for the tax assessment years 2014 through 2016, for a total refund by the County of $17,295, a total refund by the Town of $50,546 and a total refund by the School District of $253,894. Interest on the Town’s liability as a result of assessment decrease or refund is waived if payment is made within sixty (60) days after a copy of the order based upon the settlement is served on the Town (and Rockland County Finance Dept.).
RETIREMENT/JOHN GIARDIELLO, DIRECTOR OF THE OFFICE OF BUILDING, PLANNING, ZONING AND ENFORCEMENT/EFFECTIVE JULY 21, 2017
6. RESOLVED, that the Town Board accepts with regret the retirement of John Giardiello, Director of the Office of Building, Planning, Zoning and Enforcement, effective July 21, 2017
PARKS AND RECREATION
APPROVE USE OF SHOWMOBILE/VILLAGE OF NYACK/MOSTLY MUSIC FESTIVAL/JUNE 27, 2017
7. RESOLVED, upon completion of all necessary paperwork the Superintendent of Parks and Recreation has forwarded for approval by the Town Board use of the Showmobile by the Village of Nyack their Mostly Music Festival on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at a rental cost of $400.00 with the organization providing a certificate of insurance listing the Town of Orangetown as additionally insured.
APPROVE CONTRACT EXTENSION/CHESTNUT RIDGE TRANSPORTATION/ ORANGETOWN SUMMER CAMP
8. RESOLVED, Pursuant to Paragraph 36 of the 2016 Bid Specifications for the 2016 Bus Transportation for the Orangetown Summer Day Camp, and by the attached letter dated May 19, 2017, Chestnut Ridge Transportation has agreed to extend the Contract for the 2017 camp season, upon the same terms and conditions, including at the same cost to the Town. Therefore, upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Parks, Recreation and Buildings, and subject to the delivery of updated insurance certificates, please prepare agreement extension between the Town of Orangetown and Chestnut Ridge Transportation for the 2017 Camp Season. “
AMEND ACCESS AGREEMENT WITH RUSSO DEVELOPMENT, TO INCLUDE AUTHORIZING ACCESS TO TOWN OWNED LANDS AT 200 OLD ORANGEBURG ROAD
9. WHEREAS, on April 4, 2017 the Town Board approved an Access Agreement for Russo Development to conduct environmental assessment of Tax Lot 73.15-1-17 pursuant to Russo’s offer to purchase the land for data center development, and
WHEREAS, the Town is considering relocating public facilities from Tax Lot 73.15-1-17 to a portion of Tax Lot 72.12-1-3.1 on the RPC campus and needs Russo Development to provide certification of the location of wetlands and hence the extent of building area at this site, therefore, be it
RESOLVED, that the Town Board authorizes the amendment of Schedule “A” of the Access Agreement to include 200 Old Orangeburg Road, Tax Lot 72.12-1-3.1.
Adjournments in memory of: