20 South Greenbush Road Orangeburg, New York 10962
Cheryl Coopersmith, Chief Clerk, Boards and Commissions
Phone: 845-359-8410 ext. 4330;
Download the 2018 ACABOR Application (Fill-able PDF)
Architecture & Community Appearance Board of Review
|Blythe Yost (Chair)||12/31/17|
|Shirley Goebel Christie||12/31/17|
|Councilman Troy (Liaison)|
Town of Orangetown Chapter 2: Architecture and Community Appearance Board of Review
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION TO THE BOARD:
1. Signed, NOTARIZED, and dated attached Board application, A DESCRIPTIVE PROJECT NARRATIVE, MUST BE PROVIDED.
2. Copy of Deed to present owner of property.
3. Written authorization from owner to appear in front of Board, if Agent.
4. All Site Plan submissions must have a Building Permit Referral, signed by the Director of the Buildings Department.
5. List of Names/Addresses of all owners of properties within 200 feet of perimeter of site, obtained from the Land Use Board Office. Application must include a map of lots noting 200 foot radius line as applicable, measuring from all points on property line, not from the center of the site, excluding public roadways, right of ways, public utility or public entity. Names and addresses must be placed on stamped #10 envelopes, without return address. Do not use a postage meter.
6. Ten copies of all plans, signed and sealed by the appropriate New York State Professional and must conform to Town of Orangetown Land Development Regulations, see Chapters 21 and 21 A of the Town of Orangetown Town Code. All plans must be folded to 8 ½ x 11 with title box showing.
7. Site Plan Requirements Include:
Minimum scale of 1 inch = 30 feet
Proposed Landscaping Plan
Vicinity map minimum scale of 1 inch =1000 feet
All existing trees over 8 inches in diameter, indicate those trees to remain, those trees to be removed shall have an “x” on the tree
Note the trees to be planted in accordance with the Town Code Regulation 21-25, Shade Tree Ordinance
Existing and proposed contours at 2 foot intervals and first floor elevations
Existing and new structures
Access roads, off street parking, sidewalks and curbs, streams and grading
Parking schedule, number of spaces required, location and number provided (non-residential plans only)
8. Architectural Plan Requirements Include:
Floor Plans, Elevations, Exterior Mechanical Equipment, Building Materials.
* Samples of building materials need to be presented at the meeting for Board review.
9. 2018 Appropriate Fees; Checks made payable to “Town of Orangetown”
Subdivision Plan: $300.00
Residential Site Plan: $125.00
Commercial Site Plan: $300.00
1Legal Notice Advertisement Fee:$150.00 (For each time an advertisement or re-advertisement has to be published)
ORANGETOWN ARCHITECTURE AND COMMUNITY APPEARANCE BOARD OF REVIEW 1ST & 3RD Thursday of every month AT 7:30 PM
January 4th January 18th
February 8th February 22nd
March 8th March 22nd
April 5th April 19th
May 3rd May 17th
June 7th June 21st
July 5th (meeting Subject to change TBD) July 19th
NO MEETINGS IN AUGUST
September 6th September 20th
October 4th October 18th
November 1st November 15th
December 6th (only one meeting in December)
1Effective February 4th, 2015 as per Town Board Resolution No. 45 January 28, 2015.