Charlotte Madigan,

Town Clerk

Contact Information: 
26 W Orangeburg Road
Orangeburg, New York 10962
Phone: (845)359-5100 ext 5004


Charlotte Madigan
The mission of the Town Clerk's Office is to provide customer service in an open and professional atmosphere.  It is important to convey to the community a sense of openness that encourages all people to avail themselves of their government.  We strive to make government more personal, courteous and at the same time cost effective and efficient.  We achieve this through partnership with the community.

Office Hours: 
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Licenses and Permits are issued between  9:00 am - noon and between 1pm - 4 pm.

2017 Preliminary Budget

Charlotte Madigan, the Town Clerk, will be hosting free shredding services to  the residents, 
on Tuesday, November 15, 2016, from 12:00 - 4:00pm.

This event will be held in the parking lot of Town Hall, 26 W. Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg, NY.


Parking permits for the Commuter Lot and Merchant parking are available by mail or in person.  

Hunting & Fishing Information (DEC):
Filming in Orangetown: 

Application for Filming can be picked up at the Town Clerk's office between the hours of 10am and 3pm, Monday - Friday.


As the Town Clerk of Orangetown, NY, Charlotte Madigan works to provide customer service for 11 unique hamlets and villages in southern Rockland County - gorgeous, film-friendly locations of choice for a number of films, commercials and television projects, including Netfix's Orange is the New Black, NBC's Blindspot and The Blacklist, and CBS' Limitless and Person of Interest, to name a few.

Charlotte Madigan, re-elected last November for another two-year term, has seen steady growth in the film industry during her 18 years in the job, and especially since Governor Andrew M. Cuomo took office.  She welcomes the varied challenges of hosting film productions on her watch.

"I see every shoot as a small business that must be successful on filming days, so I carefully monitor the process to avoid any mishaps and try to be as accommodating as possible," says Madigan, who also is president of the Association of Town Clerks in Rockland County.  "We must maintain a strong commitment to the industry and must work around them, with them and for them, and everything is a learining experience.  I get so involved in the process to make sure that there are no problems, and I always do a spot check."

Productions can involve complicated logistics and coordination, especially when filming on local roads:  police needs, road closures, and accommondations for school buses and other traffic must all be taken into consideration.  In those cases, her attention to detail has proven invaluable. The Blacklist filmed a car chase and shootout in Orangetown, and everything went off without a hitch. Things ran smoothly when producers of a Bud Light commercial had to land two helicopters on a Stop & Shop parking lot in Orangeburg.

Charlotte Madigan and her devoted team of five work hard to make sure that each filmmaker's experience is a positive one and that productions work well with the community.  "If the neighborhood is happy, everyone is happy," she says.  Last year, when filming wrapped on Amazon Studios' comedy series Red Oaks, the production held a block party for the residents of the Pearl River neighborhood (used as a location) as thanks for their cooperation during the shoot.  The community would happily welcome the production back to their neighborhood.

Charlotte says she appreciates the growth opportunity and positive impact of film production in her area.  "I am very happy that Governor Cuomo is committed to the NYS Film Tax Credit Program and is dedicated to making New York State film-friendly.  In my opinion, we have one of the most glorious states in the world, and I love it!"

We have had a great deal of success in this venue, with such projects as:

Orange is the New Black
The Following
Untitled David Chase Project
Boardwalk Empire
Person of Interest
The Leftovers
Red Oaks
The Blacklist
The Path
Licenses & Permits Issued by Town Clerk
Type of Permit/License Cost
Commercial Amusement Licenses

Carnival and Circus $125.00 +$1000.00 (Clean Up Bond-To

 be Returned)

Billiard Licenses $50.00 per year
Bingo Licenses Call Town Clerk for Process/Approval Needed by N.Y.S.
Bowling Alley License $50.00 per year

Dog License


6 months and over Unneutered/unspayed $15.00 Neutered/

spayed $7.00 Late Fee $10.00   Proof of Rabies and neutering required.

Filming Permits $600.00  PER DAY/PER LOCATION + additional Police fees (if required) 
Fireworks Permits Chief Bureau of Fire Preventation for Application (see RTBM 6/14/11, Res #380)
Fishing & Hunting Licenses (Sporting) Resident and Non-Resident licenses are available from the Town Clerk with proof of Identification. Requirements are set by the NY State Dept. of Conservation (DEC)

     Freedom of Information Law    (FOIL)

25¢ per copied page
Games of Chance License $25.00 for each scheduled games of chance license period. 
Handicapped Parking Permits Letter or form from Doctor required
Hawking and Peddling License Photo ID, Fingerprinting, 3 passport size photos, Certificate from Health Depart. Fees:  $250.00 per resident and $300.00 per non-resident (cash only) required.
Marriage License

Certified birth certificate, picture ID and two other forms of ID (e.g.: Driver's License, Work ID, Passport, Social Security card).   If other than 1st marriage - original divorce papers or certified death certificate. All non-English documentation must be translated.  $40.00 (cash only)

Pearl River Parking Permits

Commuter Lot (S. William St)   $190.00 yr, No Meter (Max 16 hrs) or $10.00 permit plus $2.00 in meter, (Max 16 hrs).  Proof of Residency and vehicle plate no. required.

Merchants - $10.00 permit plus $1.00 in meter for every  9 hrs.  Proof of ownership/lessee of business or letter of employment and vehicle plate no. required.

24/7 - $900.00 per year.  Proof of residency in downtown Pearl River is required (property deed, lease, current driver's license, voter's registration card, utility bill).

Overnight - $600 per year.  Proof of residency in downtown Pearl River is required (property deed, lease, current driver's license, voter's registration card, utility bill).

Permits are available in the Town Clerk's Office. 

Questions see Local Law 5, 2011 and RTBM 5/10/11 or call Paul Kelly, Supervisor of Parking Enforcement 845-359-3700 extension 3490.

Certificate of Registration       (Sewer Work) 

$250.00 per year (see DEME for application).

Sanitation Licenses


$100.00 per application + $150.00 per vehicle (see Highway Dept. for application).
Video License $35.00 per game

Election Inspector Information

In order to be an Election Inspector, one must be a registered Republican or Democrat.

PLEASE CALL  The Board of Elections at

(845) 638-5172