Town of Orangetown Highway Department
Green Waste Removal Schedule
Do Not block streets, sidewalks or intersections. Help to avoid hazardous pedestrian/traffic conditions, flood damage and protect our local water quality, by preventing debris from flowing into our drainage system. If you wish to dispose of your Green Waste, instead of waiting for your scheduled pick-up date, you may bring it to the Orangetown Highway Department “Drop-Off Center.”
The Highway Department does not pick up grass clippings and thatch. You may bring grass clippings and thatch to the “Drop-Off Center.” “Drop-Off Center” Resident Permit Required.
|To Report An Illicit Discharge, Please Call the“Illicit Discharge Hotline” at 845-359-6502|
An illicit discharge is an unlawful act of disposing, dumping, spilling, emitting, or discharging any substance other than stormwater into the storm drain system; such as catch basins, yard inlet, or lakes and streams.
Green Waste Removal Schedule
The Town of Orangetown Highway Department has scheduled its Green Waste Removal Program. The Town is divided into five geographic sections. This Program will allow for seven pick-ups per section.
Please note your Green Waste Schedule revisions.
- Pick-up will begin on Mondays within each section. If a holiday falls on a Monday, pick-up will begin on Tuesday.
- The Highway Department does not pick up grass of any type. (ie. grass clippings and thatch).
- Leaves and yard debris must be in biodegradable bags.**
- Branches must be no longer than 5 feet in length and neatly stacked.
- Logs may not be larger than 36” in diameter.
- Stumps should be clean of dirt and rocks and will be collected during your scheduled pick-up.
- Your Green Waste material must be placed curbside, in front of your house, NOT on the paved road surface.
- Green Waste material should be put out no sooner than five days prior to each scheduled pick-up date, and no later than 7 A.M. of the scheduled Monday morning.
- Once your street has been picked up, we will not return until the next scheduled pick-up date.
Use biodegradable bags, not plastic. The Orangetown Highway Department, in conjunction with the Rockland County Solid Waste Authority, supplies Biodegradable paper bags for green waste, FREE! Using these biodegradable bags in place of plastic bags helps the environment and expedites our pick-up procedure, which presently requires us to remove the recyclable green waste from the plastic bags. You may pick up the biodegradable bags at the Orangetown Highway Department Administration Office, Monday through Friday, 7 A.M. to 4 P.M. and Town Hall, during their normal working hours.
All Green Waste materials collected through recycling become mulch and compost and are available, FREE, to Orangetown residents for their personal use at our “Drop-Off Center”. “Drop-Off Center” Resident Permit required.
DROP-OFF CENTER RESIDENT PERMIT INFORMATION
Here’s What You Need To Do…
Visit the Orangetown Highway Department Administrative Office at the above listed address for your “Drop-Off Center” Permit Application.
Review “Drop-Off Center” Regulations.
- Bring with you a valid picture I.D. for proof of residency.
- Bring with you the information for each vehicle you would like to register.
- Complete your free, one time application for your permit.
Here’s What You Need To Know…
The Town of Orangetown’s “Drop-Off Center”:
- Insures only Orangetown residents have access to the facility.
- Helps provide smooth access through the center.
- Provides data to better plan future services.
- Identifies usage patterns.
- Provides information related to present and future budgeting.
HOURS OF OPERATION
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM - WEEKDAYS
For further information, please call 845-359-6500 or visit us on the Town’s website at www.orangetown.com. We encourage your cooperation, as it helps us improve our service to you.