Senior Citizen FAQs
1. What is a senior card and where do I obtain one?
Senior cards may be used for discounts in stores, for travel, etc. They may be obtained in the Supervisor's office during regular business hours. You must show proof that you are at least 60 years old.
2. What is a gold card and where do I obtain one?
The gold card is obtained from the school district in which you live. It is used for adult education and school activities.
3. Where can I buy bus tickets discounted for seniors?
Discounted bus tickets are also available in the Supervisor's Office. The booklets contain tickets for 10 trips. You pay one-half of the regular fare when you board the bus. To obtain a booklet, you must show your Medicare card. If you don't have a Medicare card, you may come to the Supervisor's Office and complete a form which we send in.
4. How can I obtain the senior discount from my trash carter?
Most carters want to see your senior card from the Town.
5. How can I obtain the senior discount for Cablevision service?
Show your senior citizens card from the Town. They offer discounts on specific program packages.
For additional information, contact Rosemarie Fornario at (845) 359-5100, ext. 2213.